"It has just been confirmed that US forces killed the number-one likely to succeed Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi," Trump tweeted on Twitter.
Trump did not identify the person he meant by name, but the United States confirmed on Monday the killing of Abu al-Muhajir, a spokesman for ISIS and a senior figure in the terrorist organization.
A senior State Department official said earlier that the United States on Monday confirmed the death of Abu Hassan al-Muhajir in another operation carried out by US forces.
The SDF said on Sunday that Muhajir was killed during a joint raid with US forces in northern Syria.


>