The joint forces thwarted a ground and sea attack by the Houthis in the city of Hodeidah

The joint forces thwarted a ground and sea attack by the Houthis in the city of Hodeidah

English - الأربعاء 26 مايو 2021 الساعة 20:13
Hodeidah, NewsYemen: وقت القراءة: 2 دقائق

 On Wednesday, the joint forces thwarted an imminent naval and land attack by the Houthi militia, through which it aimed to make a breakthrough towards the city of Hodeidah to isolate the liberated areas south of the city.

A statement by the joint forces - seen by NewsYemen - said that the Iranian-backed Houthi militia tried to take advantage of the Eid al-Fitr holiday and arranged a large-scale attack on their sites in the Mashhar neighborhood of Hodeidah city, but they thwarted the attack.

He explained that a unit of the joint forces monitored the advanced reconnaissance component of the Houthi militia and arrested him before giving the signal to start the attack, indicating that the militia assigned this element a two-stage suicide infiltration mission through fishermen's boats and then completing the distance swimming until reaching the joint forces' sites in the Mashhar neighborhood.

The statement added that the confessions of the reconnaissance officer revealed the details of the Houthi attack plan, which had been prepared across two "land - sea" axes.

The statement affirmed that the Houthi militia’s attack plan on the Al-Manzhar district, which was thwarted, is a serious violation of the Sweden agreement and an indication of the militias ’tendency to break the agreement at any time with the aim of achieving field gains on the ground.

The military media for the joint forces said that in the coming hours, they would publish the confessions of the Houthi reconnaissance officer who was arrested.